Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Benefits Advisor
at Mission Health
- Requisition ID
- Transylvania Regional Hospital
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Varies 7:30a to 6:00p
- Min Salary
- USD $15.77/Hr.
- Mid Salary
- USD $20.53/Hr.
- Max Salary
- USD $25.24/Hr.
- Job Location : Location
Overview and Qualifications
Start your career with Mission Health's Medicaid Eligibility team! This position is located at Translyvania Regional Hospital in Brevard, NC.
Responsible for conducting eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. The Benefits Advisor serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and is actively involved in all areas of case management. Position is located onsite at hospital.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
- Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
- Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
- Complete and file applications. Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
- Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately. Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
- Participates in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office. Covers and assists with other office functions as requested.
- Will be required to make field visits as necessary.
- Practice and adhere to the Parallon “Code of Conduct" philosophy and “Mission and Values Statement".
- Practice “Gung Ho” principles.
- Attend Privacy and Security Training a required by the HIPAA Awareness Program and comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures to assure sensitive or confidential information is protected in accordance with the HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare.
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
ABOUT MISSION HEALTH
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina and is the state’s sixth largest health system. In 2018, for the sixth time in the past seven years, Mission Health has been named one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health (formerly Truven Health Analytics). Mission Health is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital, and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina. For more information, please visit missionhealth.org or @MissionHealthNC.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.