Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Engineering Co-Op
at MOEN INCORPORATED
Moen is currently in search of students seeking 2019 Industrial Engineering Co-op Opportunities at our manufacturing plant in New Bern, North Carolina (housing provided).
Moen Incorporated is the #1 Faucet Brand in North America with world-wide brand recognition.
As part of Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group (GPG) we are recognized as the industry leader.
Our Co-op program gives students the opportunity to build on their academic skills and gain valuable hands on engineering experience in a global business. We offer full-time Engineering Co-Op opportunities for every semester to further develop your technical innovation, engineering and business skills.
Our Co-op program give students opportunities to build on their academic skills and gain valuable hands on experience in a manufacturing environment. Our Engineering Co-Op will support various engineering activities in product development, product quality, productivity improvement and engineering or technical innovation.
As an extension of our team, you will gain experience in a collaborative and diverse learning environment; participate in various projects by working on cross functional teams and support our plant to include but not be limited to:
- Supports implementation of projects & acts as a program manager to lead smaller scale projects
- Assists with Kaizen events
- Completes line performance analysis by using KPI metrics
- Utilizes various programs such as Windchill, AutoCAD, SAP, and Creo
- Completes studies of critical processes & support implementation of material movement strategies
- Creates and updates various plant drawings maintained by engineering
- Works with materials planning to both order appropriate material and issue trackers in a timely manner
- Interacts with Moen Global Manufacturing locations including suppliers
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Masters Engineering program in Industrial Engineering
- Most be able to work a minimum of 2 semesters/40 hours per week. Moen will accommodate up to 4 semesters
- Must be willing to rotate through different business departments and locations
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of formal problem solving methodologies
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of MS Word software; Excel spreadsheet software; SAP inventory software, & MS Outlook software
GPG’s trusted brands include Moen®, the #1 faucet brand in North America and several luxury brands under its House of Rohl: Perrin & Rowe®, Riobel®, ROHL®, Shaws™ and Victoria + Albert®.