North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
Recruitment Range: $32,703 - $51,903
The NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services provide services that promote and improve agriculture, agribusiness and forests; protect consumers and businesses; and conserve farmland and natural resources for the prosperity of all North Carolinians. The Department employs approximately 2000 employees.
Duties involved the inspection of medicated and non-medicated feed establishments for compliance with the state and federal laws, rules and regulations that govern the sale labeling, registration, use and distribution of commercial animal feed and canned pet food. Employee maintains contact with manufacturer, wholesaler's retailer and purchases to explain regulation, requisition, labeling and sampling requirements. Employee obtains samples of feed and pet foods form manufacturers, wholesalers' retailer and users for laboratory analysis.
**A basic computer skills and basic math skills test will be administered during the interview.**
**Selected applicant may undergo a background check to be commissioned as an Office with the US Dept. of Health and Human Service in order to do contract work with the Food and Drug Administration.**
Work territory consists of the following counties: Stokes, Rockingham, Forsyth, Guilford, Davie, Davidson, Randolph, Rowan, Lincoln, Gaston, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Stanly, Union, Montgomery, Anson, Moore, and Richmond.
(1) reside within a county in the territory OR
(2) reside in NC, within 20 miles, or 30 minutes of any of the counties within the territory OR
(3) relocate at own expense, to one of the counties within the territory within four months of employment.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Ability to learn, apply, and explain State or Federal laws or regulations pertaining to the manufacture, storage, distribution, and/or sale of animal feeds.
- Ability to learn techniques and understand how equipment is used and what equipment is used in the production, processing, storing, and sale of animal feeds.
- Ability to practice good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word.
Associate's degree in an agricultural related curriculum or a closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and two years and six months of experience in the manufacture or sale of feed products, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Must qualify to be commissioned by the FDA to perform medicated feed mill inspections.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
Any employment offer may be less than the maximum of the range due to salary equity with similarly situated employees or the selected candidate's related education and experience.
Please follow instructions to apply on-line. It is important that your application includes all of your relevant education and experience. Text or attached resumes ARE NOT accepted as a substitution for a completed application. Those applicants seeking veteran's preference should submit a copy of their Form DD-214.
All Law Enforcement positions and positions requiring a Pilot's License or a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing. All positions requiring a Commercial Driver's License shall also be subject to pre-employment DMV physicals. Selected applicants must obtain a U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) medical certificate prior to employment. If a CDL is listed as a preference and the selected applicant has a CDL at the time of hire then the CDL will become a requirement for the position.
**Note: When required, you must answer the question(s) for this position or your application will be considered incomplete. **
Questions regarding this posting? Contact 919-707-3201.