North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HCT I/CNA CLASS (AAU)
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- Continuous Recruitment.We are currently seeking permanent full-time Health Care Technician I's for Adult Acute Admissions Units, both male and female, on all three shifts. Some of the benefits of these positions include: 1) A full benefits package, 2) A challenging and dynamic environment, 3) opportunities for overtime if desired, 4) a Just Culture work place, and 5) becoming a valued member of the Adult Admissions Care Team. The primary focus of this position includes but is not limited to providing active programming and ensuring safety of our patients, which is driven by individual patients' treatment plans.
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. DHHS manages the delivery of health- and human-related services for all North Carolinians, especially our most vulnerable citizens – children, elderly, disabled and low-income families.
A Place of Hope, Care, and Recovery
Cherry Hospital (CH) is a State-of-the-Art psychiatric hospital located in a beautiful rural area of Goldsboro, NC. Although rural, Cherry Hospital is convenient to the Triangle Area (Raleigh/Durham) and the coastal region of the state. It is about an hour's drive to the heart of Raleigh or the beautiful coastal town of New Bern.Mission Statement
To provide excellent psychiatric care to individuals with
the greatest need and the least resources.
Cherry Hospital serves the 38 most eastern counties of North Carolina with a mission to serve those with the greatest need and the fewest resources. In earnest efforts to follow our mission, we strive to create a healing environment in which every team member has opportunity to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve. Learn more about our facility at: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/dsohf/cherry-hospital.
In addition to a very competitive salary, this opportunity offers an excellent benefits package, loan repayment opportunities, employment stability and rewarding professional opportunities.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Basic knowledge of a variety of psychiatric, intellectual disabilities, medical and/or other related conditions.
- General knowledge of dietetics, sanitation and personal hygiene.
- General knowledge of nursing methods and techniques in caring for medical, surgical and mentally ill patients.
- Ability to provide personal care and treatments for patients.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development diploma; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must pass the state exam and receive certification as a Nurse Aide I and be listed on the Division of Health Service Regulation Registry after the completion of the CNA course at this facility within 4 months.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-947-7478.