North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HCT I/CNA CLASS (ITU)
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- Continuous RecruitmentWe are currently seeking permanent, full-time, Health Care Technician I's in our Independent Transition service area. We currently have positions available on first shift (7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.); second shift (3:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m.); and third shift (11:00 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.), flexibility in scheduling is required. The primary focus of this position includes but is not limited to: implement specific goals identified in the individual's comprehensive treatment plan. Employees provide basic medical care and train and assist individuals in activities of daily living; assist in performing complex nursing care; and provide safe and secure environments. Employees implement and stay current in the assigned individuals' comprehensive/person-centered treatment plans. Work involves providing ongoing observation, interaction, and feedback to individuals and reporting concerns to the appropriate professional program staff. Work involves ongoing contact with individuals who may be diagnosed with a wide spectrum of psychiatric and/or developmental conditions that may include unpredictable behaviors, maladaptive, and potentially dangerous behaviors. Work is performed under the supervision of a Registered Nurse but as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. DHHS manages the delivery of health- and human-related services for all North Carolinians, especially our most vulnerable citizens – children, elderly, disabled and low-income families.
Cherry HospitalCherry Hospital (CH) is a State-of-the-Art psychiatric hospital located in a beautiful rural area of Goldsboro, NC. Although rural, Cherry Hospital is convenient to the Triangle Area (Raleigh/Durham) and the coastal region of the state. It is about an hour's drive to the heart of Raleigh or the beautiful coastal town of New Bern.
A Place of Hope, Care, and Recovery
To provide excellent psychiatric care to individuals with
the greatest need and the least resources.
Cherry Hospital serves the 38 most eastern counties of North Carolina with a mission to serve those with the greatest need and the fewest resources. In earnest efforts to follow our mission, we strive to create a healing environment in which every team member has opportunity to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve. Learn more about our facility at: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/dsohf/cherry-hospital.
In addition to a very competitive salary, this opportunity offers an excellent benefits package, loan repayment opportunities, employment stability and rewarding professional opportunities.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Basic knowledge of a variety of psychiatric, intellectual disabilities, medical and/or other related conditions.
- General knowledge of dietetics, sanitation and personal hygiene.
- General knowledge of nursing methods and techniques in caring for medical, surgical and mentally ill patients.
- Ability to provide personal care and treatments for patients.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development diploma; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must pass the state exam and receive certification as a Nurse Aide I and be listed on the Division of Health Service Regulation Registry after the completion of the CNA course at this facility within 4 months.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-947-7478.