North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Development Specialist 1/DMV -- Temporary Solutions
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
NOTE: If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor's Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary's skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency's culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary posting will be located in Raleigh - Wake County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Job Order Hourly Rate of Pay: $17.83 (Based on education and/or years of relevant work experience reflected on the application)
This temporary position will be assigned to the Department of Motor Vehicles. The primary purpose of this position is to deliver effective and relevant new, basic and continuous professional training and development programs to DMV staff for the following directorates:
- Driver Services
- Vehicle Services
- License & Theft
- Customer Compliance Services
- Strategy Research and Development and Business Services
- License Plate Agency personnel
- Law Enforcement personnel
- Automobile Dealer Associations
- Community Colleges, Universities and NC Residents
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Thorough knowledge of NC Motor Vehicle Laws (Chapter 20) pertaining to two or more of the following: Vehicle Registration, Driver Services, Hearings, Liability Insurance, For-Hire, International Registration Plan, Emissions and Hearings
- Knowledge of DMV policy, procedures and processes
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following programs: STARS, SADLS, iNovah, and LITES
- Experience with researching, planning, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating a multi-course program of instructions
- Experience writing lesson plans, training proposals, technical manuals and a monthly training newsletter
- Successful completion of a two-week General Instructor School training
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations, tests and support material for instructor-led training and online training courses
- Skill in coordinating the logistics in implementing a program of instruction at a training site
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in a human service; counseling; or training program in the subject matter specified; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
Office of State Human Resources
2321 Crabtree Blvd., Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27604