Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation (Roadway) Project Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering, building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's "Hot" 100 Firms (U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and 2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group’s #1 Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking a project manager to join our transportation (roadway) team in Cary, NC. The project manager will provide roadway design and project management to the transportation design group projects. This individual will ensure client objectives are met. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and work within allotted project budgets.
- Assist with mentoring junior transportation staff.
- Communicate adequately with all team members.
- Responsible for QA/QC process.
- Compile scope and fee for projects.
- Assign tasks and communicate task expectations.
- Monitor project finances monthly.
- Monitor accounts receivable.
- Responsible for reporting on a monthly basis to accounting the project billing summary for invoices.
- Market CALYX/NV5 to NCDOT, SCDOT and local municipalities to obtain new contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- NC PE License, SC PE license a plus
- 8+ Years experience in transportation (roadway) design
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation and GEOPAK softwares
- NCDOT project experience a plus
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching, typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
CALYX / NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.