Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pro Mach
Pro Mach is a leading provider of integrated packaging systems for food, beverage, household goods, pharmaceutical, and other consumer and industrial markets with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Ossid LLC, Powered by Pro Mach, is a recognized leader in the manufacture of automated manufacturing systems including; horizontal thermoform, fill, and seal machinery, automatic weighing and labeling systems, high speed tray sealing, and tray overwrap equipment.
Ossid is searching for top candidates for our Electrical Drafter/Designer position located in Rocky Mount, NC. This opportunity is a highly visible position and is an exciting chance to demonstrate hands-on and inventive engineering capabilities within a multi-discipline engineering team. Ossid supports a complete manufacturing facility including multiple CNC machining centers, computer-controlled sheet metal fabrication, and advanced welding stations giving engineering the ability to be involved in every step of the manufacturing process. The position reports to the Controls Engineering Manager.
An electrical drafter develops new products or works on how to improve existing products. Involved in the drafting, development, testing, and production of electrical/control systems on equipment and machinery.
This includes but is not limited to:
Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate experience and/or skills in the following areas:
- Ability to use AutoCAD Electrical to prepare design drawings with plans and details as designated by the engineering team
- Ability to design and layout control panels and bill of materials
- Ability to draw wiring diagrams, panel schedules, and interconnection diagrams
- MUST have attention to detail
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks while maintaining efficiency and quality of work
- Knowledge of drafting standards with ability to produce clean, clear and concise design drawings in accordance with NFPA and NEC
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Problem solving and critical-thinking skills when designing/developing engineered drawings
- Takes pride in work and takes initiative to expand knowledge base
- Applicant shall be self-motivated with an attention to detail.
IMPORTANT: This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company objectives. The description incorporates most typical duties performed and covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
- 2-year technical education and/or applicable experience in Electronics or Drafting
Thorough understanding of:
- Electrical relationships such as voltage, current, power, and AC/DC
- Electronic circuitry and electrical schematics
- AutoCad Electrical
- Load calculations
- Pneumatics is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment. Relocation assistance is available.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.