Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Logistics Manager
- Requisition ID
- Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
- Employment Type
- Regular - Full Time (4)
- Travel Requirements
- Position Code
The Senior Manager, Logistics is responsible for all account management, customer service satisfaction and maintenance of employee relations and development. Duties of this position include: Management of all areas of distribution/warehousing; to include safety equipment utilization, employee retention, profit and loss responsibility and OSHA.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Organizational Development, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- A minimum of 5 (five) years Transportation/Logistics experience required
- A minimum of 3 (three) years supervisory experience required
- A minimum of 2 (two) years P and L responsibility required
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word such as keyboard short cuts, creating macros, merge, merge queries, templates, table techniques, and working with images and text
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management and analysis
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Power Point such as inserting charts, graphs and tables, animation and multimedia, customizing slide shows with hyperlinks, drawing and working with objects, speaker notes and meeting notes, and advanced presentation features
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations
- Must possess exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage profit and loss statements is necessary
- Capable of interacting effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast paced just-in-time cross dock delivery environment
- Some Business Development experience preferred
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving or transportation preferred
- Management of one or more customer accounts, lifecycle, and extending existing products where feasible, safety issues, profit and loss responsibility, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business or product category, and day-to-day customer interface and operation of on-site manager
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.