Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Events Logistics Assistant Manager
at Samaritan's Purse
We are searching for an event management professional who is ready to utilize their talents and gifts to play a key role on the Events Logistics Team as they strive to share the Hope of the Gospel to children through the ministry of Operation Christmas Child! Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 125 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Operation Christmas Child has many events annually, ranging in size from small groups of 5-10 attendees to large global events with as many as 4,000 attendees. We currently have an opportunity to join our staff team as an Events Logistics Assistant Manager.
This position executes a wide range of details for 2O plus events annually within the United States, which are primarily focused on encouraging and equipping volunteers and staff who are called to increase ministry participation. The Events Logistics Assistant Manager’s responsibilities includes a myriad of details from coordinating the production of general sessions and overseeing audio visual needs to presentation and speaker support and developing event timelines. The ability to take concepts and ideas and creatively support the practical steps to achieve desired results in an event setting is crucial.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Support the execution of large-scale meetings and events that run smoothly through proper planning/managing details to ensure the vision and goals of Operation Christmas Child are clearly communicated.
- Lead logistical details of regionally focused events. This includes working closely with Operation Christmas Child ministry staff who are responsible for the event, to understand their vision, goals, and objectives as well as provide economical setting solutions to execute. Attend and lead event planning meetings to insure that all logistics and operation details are considered.
- Secure venues for select events based on needs. This includes extensive travel to research prospective venue location options.
- Cultivate relationship with vendor, venue, and industry contacts.
- Negotiate vendor and venue contracts.
- Serves as the Production Manager for all Operation Christmas Child Domestic events. This includes serving as the primary liaison between content development, audio visual, and venue set up details. This also includes development of minute by minute details, run sheets, timelines, speaker care, and presentation support.
- Support programmatic (non-teaching) needs of events including registration, set up, tear down, accommodations, food and beverage, audio visual, security, resources, merchandise, and other materials necessary for successful event.
- Oversee some pre- and post-event logistics, such as shipping and receiving, support program presenters and performers with their program preparations and onsite needs.
- Serve as the onsite manager for select events to insure proper execution of planned details.
- Evaluate each event based on feedback from Operation Christmas Child management team and attendees.
We ask that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA); and minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ relevant event management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to create and develop strong partnerships with vendors and other ministry departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly solve problems as they occur
- Exceptional skills in venue selection, negotiations and contract development
- Ability to manage event logistics. Management to include, but not limited to, overseeing production, event timelines, venue setup, housing, food and beverage, and the ability to manage event budgets effectively
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Collaboration with others
- Developed organizational skills
- Willingness to travel as needed for both planning and execution of events
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Please make sure to include applicable experience and a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)