SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales Account Representative
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Visa Sponsorship
- Travel Requirements
Do you enjoy problem solving? Do you have experience building a sales pipeline? Do you want to be part of a company where your sales skills can make a global impact through truly meaningful work? Join SAS as an Inside Sales Account Representative and you will help our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics!
Our Inside Sales organization is hiring master communicators who understands the value of a consultative sales approach to uncover the needs of new and existing Small and Medium Business customers. This dynamic individual will join our team in a Prime or Enterprise role in one of the following verticals: Health and Life Sciences, Financial Services, Commercial, State and Local Government, Federal Government, Retail and Telecom, Energy and Manufacturing. You can learn more about the impact SAS is having on our SMB customers here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/industry/small-midsize-business.html
Are you a good fit? Do you have…
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or business-related field
- At least two years of experience in sales or marketing of computer software or hardware solutions
- Experience using Social Media to generate new business
- Cold calling experience
- A work location of Cary, NC
In this role you are responsible for:
- Maintaining a focus on incremental sales of SAS software to current and prospective customers
- Responsible for growing existing customer base in a territory
- Using Social Media as a means to help generate leads and build a pipeline
- Participating in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans
- Fulfilling a wide range of requests for information from current and prospective customers, and qualifying level of opportunity and appropriate sales channel required
- Generating incremental revenue through prospecting and cold-calling within a territory
- Qualifying opportunities thoroughly, and accurately forecasting timeframes to close business
- Establishing relationships with varying levels of buyers within accounts
- Establishing credibility by understanding business needs
- Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed
- Working with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements
- Developing an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures
- Refining and continuously improving prospecting and sales techniques
You will also need…
- Understanding of sales process and methodology including the different stages in a sales cycle
- Knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Superior communication skills
- Capable of communicating technical and business concepts via phone and relating them to SAS system applications and user needs
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales
- Capable of understanding and leveraging industry/market trends and basic business/finance concepts
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-volume sales environment
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.