SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Visa Sponsorship
- Travel Requirements
As a Manager, Analytics your primary responsibility of this role is for the management and prioritization of the team of individuals that provide results from predictive analytics and value-added modeling using SAS programming to external customers for the SAS EVAAS product to ensure the achievement of department, division, and corporate objectives. This includes supporting development of standard programming, innovation of new methodologies, annual production-based delivery of analytic work product while maintaining documentation and requirements around business rules related to each specific client.
SAS EVAAS uses longitudinal student assessment and teacher data systems to provide growth measures or value-added models, predictive analytics, and other analyses to districts, schools, teachers and educators in general. These analyses can be used informally for school improvement as well as for more formal high stakes measures of accountability, evaluation and/or merit pay.
- Develops, organizes, prioritizes, and assigns objectives and responsibilities consistent with department, division, and corporate goals.
- Manages projects (including project planning; mgmt. of risks, issues and stake holder expectations; monitoring and ensuring projects are completed in a timely manner) while following established practices and procedures.
- Provides regular updates to upper management on the status of all current projects.
- Provides technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Collaborates with other teams to ensure quality and efficiency of all processes involving other teams.
- Maintains standard package of analytic programming created for the EVAAS product.
- Leading discussions with clients on developing analytic business rules and other aspects of implementation.
- Manages administrative aspects of the department, including personnel matters. Sets performance goals/standards/objectives for the team. Conducts performance appraisals and provides ongoing performance feedback to direct reports. Encourages and fosters individual professional growth, as well as teamwork among employees. Provides training opportunities to staff.
- Manages the resource needs of the team and makes requests for personnel, equipment, and other resources as required to meet specified goals.
- Keeps current on relevant industry trends and standards in value-added modeling, growth measures, and predictive analytics.
- Manages standard library of routines and programs to perform all necessary tasks of group.
- Effectively communicating back to clients any issues or processes dealing with client-based analytic decisions.
- Establishing formal peer review process for the analytic team.
- Master's degree in quantitative field, preferably statistics, measurement, and/or econometrics.
- Five years of related programming, delivery, consulting and/or testing experience, including at least one year of project lead, supervisory or management experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in predictive analytics, ANCOVA, HLM, and/or Mixed Model Methodologies.
- At least 3 years of experience with the SAS System, preferably BASE SAS Programming.
- PhD in quantitative field, preferably statistics, measurement, and/or econometrics.
- SAS Certification Base and Advanced.
- High level of aptitude with base SAS programming including IML, Macros, Hash tables, efficiency standards, and mixed model techniques.
- Prior experience with value-added methodologies and/or growth measures as used in K-12 education.
- Prior experience with predictive analytics to be used in K-12 education.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.