SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Development Representative
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Visa Sponsorship
- Travel Requirements
Do you enjoy problem solving? Do you have experience building a sales pipeline from scratch? Join SAS as an Associate Inside Sales Representative on our Sales Development team to help our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics!
SAS is seeking a talented go-getter to prospect to new clients and qualify opportunities. This person will be responsible for generating new business, following up and qualifying sales leads and creating value propositions for our potential customers.
We are seeking someone with a proven track record in a hunter territory who has experience prospecting technology solutions.
- Generating qualified opportunities through prospecting and cold-calling within a territory
- Fulfilling a wide range of requests for information from prospective customers, and qualifying level of opportunity and appropriate sales channel required
- Qualifying opportunities thoroughly, and accurately forecasting timeframes to close business
- Maintaining a focus on incremental sales of SAS software to prospective customers
- Participating in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans
- Using Social Media as a means to help generate leads and build a pipeline
- Establishing relationships with varying levels of buyers within prospective accounts
- Establishing credibility by understanding business needs
- Refining and continuously improving prospecting and sales techniques
Are you a good fit? Do you have….
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or business-related field
- Experience prospecting new business with proven results
- Experience in sales or marketing of computer software or hardware solutions (including related training products and services)
- Experience using Social Media to generate new business (preferred)
- A work location of Cary, NC
You will also need….
- Understanding of sales process and methodology including the different stages in a sales cycle
- Proven track record in hunter territory in an inside sales role
- Knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers
- Capable of communicating technical and business concepts via phone and relating them to SAS system applications and user needs
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan.
- Capable of understanding and leveraging industry/market trends and basic business/finance concepts
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-volume sales environment
- Ability to travel occasionally
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.