SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SAS Customer Advisory Academy - Associate Customer Advisor
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Hiring Manager
- Queenie Wong
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Country Specific Referral Policy
- Sharonjit Kaur
Are you an emerging technologist interested in solving complex business problems? Would you like to be paid to attend an in-person training in Cary, North Carolina USA to learn innovative technologies like cloud infrastructures and big data analysis? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
The SAS Customer Advisory Academy is a 10-week global training program where you will be paid to learn SAS’ technologies and solutions specifically addressing the different cloud infrastructures, including AWS, Google, Azure, Dockers and Kubernetes.
You will receive training in SAS advanced analytics, data management and visualization, as well as learn consultative skills and methodology, product positioning and business practices – ensuring you are well-equipped with the necessary skills to succeed. The training will take place both virtually and at SAS World Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina USA. Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program beginning in either July 2019 or August 2019.
Upon graduation from the Academy, you will begin a role as an Associate Customer Advisor where you will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale and/or post-sale activities utilizing you the skills acquired during training, along with your knowledge of industry segment processes and challenges to do the following:
Primary Responsibilities of a Customer Advisor include but are not limited to:
- Working with the sales team on technical activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Co-operating with sales in developing customer account strategies, assessment of customer needs and critical sales issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Providing consultative services, including architecture recommendations to support proposed solutions, and possessing technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data management and visualization.
- Translating business requirements into SAS technical solutions and linking to business value.
- Identifying appropriate architecture, applications, tools and solutions for targeted accounts.
- Preparing technical demonstrations, proof of concepts and presentations based on client needs.
- Conducting discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Developing familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals and models.
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Installing SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing, demonstration purposes or post-sale implementations as assigned.
- Understanding, utilizing and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or another related quantitative field.
- 3 years or less of relevant work experience
- Experience in programming with open source languages such as R, Python, and Lua.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Academic projects or work experience in information technology, engineering, and/or business analysis.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Candidates must be willing to work in Cary, NC, USA for the duration of the Academy program.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% or as business needs dictate.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills and fluency.
- Strong academic performance.
- Experience with cloud software or cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience in programming with SAS.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and present to users from various technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS products/solutions that address those areas.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Public speaking experience.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- Check out our #Data4Good efforts to see how we’re using our analytics capabilities to solve humanitarian issues around poverty, health, human rights, education and the environment.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn <![if !vml]><![endif]>