SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SAS Global Sales Academy – Associate Account Executive (M/W/D)
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Hiring Manager
- Annette Green
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Not Offered
- Katinka Merkel
SAS Global Sales Academy – Associate Account Executive
The SAS Global Sales Academy is an 18-week sales training program that prepares participants for a career as a SAS Account Executive. The program provides training in SAS' core technology, sales skills and methodology, product sales and positioning, and business practices, and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed in the field.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC (USA) beginning July 2019.
Upon completion of the sales training program, you will work as an Associate Account Executive. You will be responsible for identifying customers’ business needs and articulating how SAS’ solutions can address those needs to prospective and current accounts.
As an Associate Account Executive, you will:
- Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts including cold calling and other prospecting techniques to generate customer interest and provide a targeted value proposition.
- Research marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs and develop sales opportunities.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development including qualifying, forecasting, and pipeline management of sales opportunities within your account/territory.
- Close software sales and achieve assigned software revenue targets.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university, preferably in Sales, Business, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or a related field of study.
- Internship experience or academic projects in sales, marketing, or information systems.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to come to Cary, NC for 18 weeks of training.
- After completion of training program, candidates will relocate to Germany, Heidelberg.
- Candidates must have the ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Skilled in public speaking and/or presenting topics in front of different types of audiences.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Entry level knowledge of sales techniques.
- Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS products/solutions that address those areas.
- Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization.
- Strong written & verbal English language communication skills & German fluency.