Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Project Manager. As a member of the Project Management Team, manage all aspects of assigned projects to assure timely implementation of all project deliverables, manage customer expectations through regular communications. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for authoring project plans (using Microsoft Project), Project Charters, Statement of Works, Work Breakdown Structures, Risk Mitigation plans, Quality Plans, and System Acceptance Test plans.
- Responsible for project change orders, contract management, and driving internal stake holders for project deliverables as defined by the projects requirements.
- Responsible for monthly budget reconciliations, expenses, hourly effort tracking and invoicing where and when it’s applicable.
- Develop requirements for, and participate in, the source selection of subcontractors to perform the installation of RF field communications and metering equipment.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 5-10 years project management experience is required. Relevant experience in a similar field or Xylem experience will be considered
- Candidate will have a bachelor degree in a technical discipline (CS, EE, IS). MS degree or MBA preferred. Relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio) experience with Google Earth Pro is a plus.
- Proven project management experience with management of various sized teams and diverse suppliers. Experience that is not project management specifically, but relevant, will be taken into consideration as well.
- Ability to direct the work of assigned project staff to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, to quality and project interdependencies are identified and actively managed.
- Ensure problems, risks, issues and dependencies are identified and managed which may affect the successful delivery of the Project
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple work-streams and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and adopt a structured working method but with the ability to react quickly to change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to build strong collaborative relationships across departmental boundaries.
- Cultural awareness and ability to adapt communication style when working with customers.
- A confident, positive and flexible leadership style, with the ability to network with a range of stakeholders and to work collaboratively with senior managers.
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible with an ability to find solutions to problems.
- Ability to drive the project team and customer to meet delivery schedules within budget and with complete customer satisfaction.
- Experience or working knowledge of RF technology and LAN/WAN infrastructure desired.
- Utility industry experience is a plus
- PMP certification preferred
- Ability to travel and work at customer sites up to 75% of the time.
- This position reports to the South Regional Manager and would ideally be located in one of the South or South-Western states
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.