Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Engineer/Warranty Coordinator
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Quality/Warranty Coordinator. The ideal candidate will
resolve quality issues related our products with the GC. Administer warranty claims from our customers/regions and reclaims back to vendors. Perform administrative support for the Warranty/Quality/Technical Support/Regional Service Manager functions. This includes re-writing technical bulletins from our manufactures (Flygt & Godwin) into applicable documents for North America.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Resolve quality issues with design/process of parts from our GC. Including using the RPP & PAS system to resolve cases. Supporting branches & distributors for ACT.
- Maintain dual warranty claim master reference logs for FUS and FCDN interaction, interpretation, reporting, etc. Suggest improvements to existing designs.
- Develop & implement technical communications to the service team (internal & external of Xylem) that can be a result of technical bulletins from our manufacturers (Flygt & Godwin)
- Continue updating the Xylem Service Webpage to support service needs
- Support the ‘service call center’ process by providing support to our end users
- Coordinate, research, price, discount, calculate and prepare correspondence relative to claims and reclaims to suppliers, manufacturers, vendors, etc.; interface with these parties as necessary.
- Sort incoming correspondence and, where appropriate, respond; develop and/or type aforementioned correspondence, reports, telefaxes and conduct mailings for Warranty, as well as those for Production/Quality/Technical Support managers.
- Assist in handling various Warranty/Quality/Technical Support projects and assignments and reports as required by Quality, Financial Departments, and National Manager.
- Develop & implement training programs for Regional Service Managers & verify that service capabilities of site personnel are complying with safety requirements both domestically and internally as outlined by Headquarters and respective Business Units.
- Assist with the continuous update procedure for the Prod Education Manual for the service team
- Identify if there are potential product design issues (based on warranty spikes) and communicate issues through the National Manager for resolution with Sweden.
- Perform administrative/secretarial support for the Warranty/Quality/Technical Support functions/Regional Service Manager.
- Maintain GPI for: Parts Lists, Care & Maintenance Manuals, Product Data, Technical Bulletins and Product Specifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Four-year Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent technical training. Coursework related to one of the Industrial Arts and/or additional Engineering courses or training curriculum is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency in STEEB, Rentalresult, Stellant, CLC Admin tool, Wufoo sites
- Mechanical & Electrical aptitude to trouble shoot components/pumps/systems
- Root Cause analysis and the ability to translate those causes into corrective actions
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc., such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites and drinking water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Travel: Occasional travel is required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
EOE including disability and veteran