Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SSI SCHAEFER
Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
The Process Technician will be responsible for the efficient operation of injection molding processes in a high volume, high quality environment as you optimize and troubleshoot molding issues.
Schaefer Systems International, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Monitor machines and answer all calls for process assistance in a timely manner to minimize downtime and scrap
- Start up and adjust machines for maximum output & efficiency, minimum scrap, with excellent quality
- Perform mold changes safely
- Setup auxiliary equipment
- Program robotic material handlers and injection mold machines.
- Perform insert and version changes to molds, including date code accuracy
- Assist the Maintenance Technician in the repair of machines, molds, and other auxiliary machines
- Assist the Safety Coordinator and Technical Manager in the maintenance of a safe work environment
- Assist in the inspection of in-process and finished product.
- Perform the functions required to produce a defect free product
- Performs additional duties as directed from management
- Shift coverage for co-workers will be mandatory upon request by the department supervisor or manager barring any external circumstances
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience as a process technician
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to and willing to work flexible shifts (including 12 hour rotating day/night shifts) with some overtime as required
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience in an injection molding manufacturing environment preferred