Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reporting to a Supervisory or Managerial Staff Member within the facility, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for receiving product for processing, the movement of product through the facility during processing and the loading of product onto trailers to be returned to the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives incoming un-processed product, verifies customer count and lot numbers, notes any damage and enters information into the computer system
- Places biological indicator samples per a pre-established diagram onto un-processed product (EO)
- Operates forklift to remove palletized product from truck, and if floor loaded must remove each carton individually and place on pallets, and moves to un-processed storage
- Moves product via forklift to and from various areas of the facility for processing
- Removes samples from customer product and coordinates shipment of samples
- May shrink-wrap palletized finished-product to be returned to the customer
- May contact trucking company and schedule pick-up of finished product
- Using forklift, loads palletized product onto trailer
- Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of previous warehouse experience preferred
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience operating a forklift preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Must be willing to work established shifts
- Should be proficient using a computer and be able to analyze data in a database/spreadsheet
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time
- Must be medically approved for respirator use (EO)
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to high temperatures and high humidity (120F and 60% RH for 20 minutes) (EO)
- Must complete all required training for a “Shipping/Receiving Operator” outlined in the training manual.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Sterigenics U.S. LLC takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor