Storr Office Environments
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Storr Office Environments
- 01-May-2019 to 30-Jul-2019 (EST)
- 775 Design
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the executive and coordination of Healthcare Design projects providing technical design support and direction on projects for our Healthcare clients. The Healthcare Designer is responsible for providing our clients with quality efficient solutions that result in a high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty. A skill level in the areas of facility planning, drafting/CAD, CET experience is a huge plus, furniture selections, as well as graphics and verbal presentations.
Design Project Management:
- Coordinate all phases of the design process to ensure completion in a timely and accurate manner.
- Drawings on AutoCAD, boardwork and planning.
- Consistent updates to Design Manager on project status.
- Assemble team meetings with Sales Administrators/Project Managers/Sales or Lead Man whenever warranted to facilitate complete and timely communication.
- Maintenance of internal reporting systems, i.e., time sheets, project files, and project schedules.
- Prepare installation drawings and packet for installers.
- Generate typical drawings and specifications from 'pre-qualified budget ranges.'
- Thorough understanding of Storr's and Design Department capabilities to provide clear and accurate solutions for the customer. This includes understanding and implementation of workplace audit, survey analysis, and other Design services.
- Provide value engineering and/or upgrade options as requested.
- Continued aggressive pursuit and increase of billable Design hours and furniture sales.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of excellent client relationships through responsive, creative and accurate work.
- Verify and update the existing building and interior space plans, using site field measurement verification as needed.
- Ensure all codes and regulations are met.
- Space planning to meet the customer's requests using customer's standards program if it applies.
- Project meetings with the customer.
- Work with customer to develop final approved plans.
- Design plans considering ergonomic & ADA issues.
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong understanding of the basics of interior commercial construction, architecture and design, and contract furnishings for healthcare.
- Minimum of 3 years related office furniture experience preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency is a must.
- CET software is highly preferred.
- Interior Design degree from an accredited University or equivalent.
- Proven organizational and follow-through skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed to support the team and meet customer expectations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.