Sumitomo Electric Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sumitomo Electric Group
- PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position provides sales/applications engineering support to customers, distributors, manufacturers' representatives, customer service, inside sales, and sales/marketing. Contributes to product development, project, and design review activities.
This position is responsible for “Thought Leadership” by creating white papers, case studies, industry presentations to enhance and expand the image of SEL. Also responsible for creating and giving PowerPoint presentations on the SEL direction and products/services to large key strategic accounts in support of the sales force primarily focusing on the 4th Level products including data center centric products.
Provides training and documentation support as required by sales.
RESPONSIBILITES OF POSITION
- Support sales: respond to customer requests for application assistance, assuring product selection, and providing other customer required information as needed.
- Create and maintain up-to-date product information masters for new and existing product presentations, product bulletins, operating procedures, etc., for internal and external use/distribution as required.
- Support RFI, RFQ, and other quotation activity as required.
- Support 4th Level, LNP, Cable, and ABF PMs with introduction of new products and developing new markets and applications, including extensive customer contact.
- Support Data Center, Fusion, Cable, and ABF RSMs in a Sales Engineering role.
- Investigate develop, and document new methods and procedures as related to the CNG, ENG, DC. CALA and other markets and solutions and complimentary products.
- Provide product operation and training to support customers. Create and maintain Recommended Procedures documentation, including training videos, for new and existing products.
- Build and maintain competitive product information library
Duties Performed Occasionally or Periodically
- Interface with industry technical groups (Bellcore, EIA/TIA, BICSI, etc.)
- Interface with SEI. Participate in Internal design review activity.
- Help resolve technical problems by performing tests, collecting data, and reporting.
- Author technical papers for trade publications and for industry presentation.
- Perform product demonstrations and make presentations Attend/assist at industry trade shows.
- Analyze competing products in the marketplace
- Proficient in all Microsoft products including Word, Excel & PowerPoint, drawing packages (AutoCAD, Visio, and/or Revit).
- Able to present to large groups at industry trade show and to C level personnel and key decision makers at strategic accounts.
- Ability to create presentation for Sales force primarily 4th Level (data center centric) and large end user community.
- Ability to work as a Team member
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and skill to write and present white papers, case studies.
- Ability to demonstrate fusion splicers, connectors at trade shows and customer locations.
- Other industry certifications