Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Press Operator in Winston-Salem, NC at Tri-Seal
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Liners
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers’ solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
What is the position where you can add value?
We are hiring for 2nd Shift Press Operator for our Tri-Seal Division within Tekni-Plex. In this role, the Press Operator uses the rotogravure printing technique to print quality product in a safe manner, in the minimum amount of time and with the least amount of scrap dollars.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Productivity: 1- Must be able to determine amount of raw materials required to complete order. 2- Correctly set-up the machine (materials conditions cylinders and web path). 3- Diagnose and trouble shoot machine problems. 4- Confirm wind direction of each substrate roll. 5- Hang rolls on unwind in the correct orientation. 6- Remove rolls from rewind and place on skid or in-process rack.. 7- Set web guides and web alignment. 9- Start and stop the machine. 10-Monitor machine and anticipate process problems. 11-Set machine parameters based on MOP. 12-Set-up clean and tear-down station pan and cylinders. 13-Remove and prepare doctor blade assemblies. 14-Change impression and nip rolls. 15- Knowledgeable of Register system
- ADMINISTRATIVE: 1- Print production order and MOP 2- Call out the appropriate amount of liquids and substrate. 3-Compare cylinders to Production Order. 4- Fill out job shift report. 6- Correctly complete Process Roll Repair requests. 7-Post production and maintain log sheet. 8-Confirm copy standard and wind direction. 9-Cross-check raw material commodity codes (liquids resins and substrates) 10-Complete pre-startup checklist. 11-Complete in-process tickets. 12-Fill out lab tickets.
- Communication: 1- Communicate status of work area to on-coming shift. 2-Communicate production issues and concerns to supervision. 3-Communicate with crew to maintain machine efficiency. 4-Effectively communicate with scheduling maintenance and engineering . 5-Know location of other crew members at all times.
- Quality: 1-Inspect web for print and other defects. 2-Inspect raw materials for defects. 3-Proper flagging of material running. 4-Cross check substrate materials and wind direction. 5-Interpret SQC data and make adjustments to run to target. 6-Provide QA with the proper start-up samples. 7-Monitor and check color. 8-Insure that customer samples are pulled as required. 9-Made process changes to correct non-conformances.
- GMP/Housekeeping 1- Insure that all unused raw materials are returned at the completion of each job. 2- Insure that trash cans are emptied as needed or before the end of each shift. 3- Insure that rag and solvent waste are disposed of properly. 4- Insure that packing supplies are properly stacked labeled and banded. 5- Complete all required paperwork according to GMP standards. 6- Follow proper line clearance procedures. 7. Insure that the floor has been swept prior to the end of the shift.
- Safety 1-Wear all required PPE. 2-Work in a safe manner. 3-Identify and communicate safety concerns to management .
- The Company maintains the right to revise and/or add duties in response to business requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Successful Completion of Reading & Math Test
- Successful Completion of IVO certification training. ( Industrial Vehicle Operator )
- Successful Completion of JSA reading. ( Job Safety and Health Analysis)
- Successful Completion of GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Capable of performing all the tasks of a press helper and assistant
- Capable of directing the activities of his/her crew
- Monitor product quality, process parameters, and crew performance
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Good communication skills
- Basic understanding of inks and printability
- Knowledgeable in using a strobe light to identify print and web defects
- Change impression and nip rolls
- Able to interpret lab data and make the appropriate process adjustments
- Capable of setting process parameters based on SOP and MOP
- Knowledge of rotary, platen dies, or roll rewinding
- Good understanding of die care and maintenance
- Changeover machine and select the proper web path and materials based on production order
- Assist Maintenance with routine machine repairs
- Understand copy standards and cylinder unwind direction
- Recognize and corect print and other product quality defects
- Good mainframe and Lotus Notes computer skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Set doctor blades
- Knowledge of print register system
- Operate hoist
- Qualified press helper and assistant
TRI-SEAL commits to making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified disabled veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business.
List physical demands of the job such as standing for extended periods of time, lifting requirements, repetitive tasks, etc.
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .