Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC at Tri-Seal
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Liners
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50-year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni Proud!
What is the position where you can add value?
We are hiring for two 1st shift Process Engineers for our Tri-Seal Division within Tekni-Plex.
Provide technical support to equipment, processes, and support groups in an effort to improve equipment run time, increase productivity, reduce scrap while maintaining and/or improving machine capabilities. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
Support business growth through developing new or improving existing manufacturing processes.
Supports business continuity by making recommendations to improve equipment utilization and reduce scrap.
Ensures products are commercialized in accordance with Quality, Product Safety, and Regulatory Standards.
Maintains industry contacts (raw material and equipment suppliers) for the awareness of flexible packaging materials, converting processes, and packaging equipment
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a large and important engineering project or a number of small projects with many complex features
- Carries out complex or innovative assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities
- Develops and implements solutions for throughput improvements
- Conduct trials; follow trials at customer facilities; evaluate results
- Be an active participant or serve as a resource on at least one team, also provides leadership on a team
- May lead or coordinate the work of others
- Adhere to all Company Safety rules and regulations
- Identify and evaluate new raw materials
- Develop new structures; manage and facilitate improvements in product costs and performance
- Troubleshoot issues with customers, suppliers, and internal groups; provide technical support
- Develops and implements solutions for manufacturing scrap improvements
- Develops repeatable process conditions that ensure products are made at a high-quality level
- Help in the development of product structures that meet the customer requirements and can be run successfully on production equipment
- Identify and secure necessary manufacturing supplies to support manufacturing operations
- Control costs by proactively controlling expenses and elimination of waste
- Contributes to a team effort by proactively assisting internal contacts.
- Attend training programs to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Some overnight travel by various modes of transportation including airline, train, and automobile as deemed appropriate
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Continuous contact with other people requiring communications via face-to-face, orally by telephone and various written methodology's
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge:
- BS degree in Engineering
- Present ideas and information concisely and effectively; organizes logically, uses appropriate terminology; maintains audience attention; presence and self-command in front of a group or one-to-one
- Writes ideas and information concisely and effectively; organizes logically; uses appropriate grammar, supporting data/charts.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and develop cooperative working relationships with peers, subordinates and management; shows awareness of, and consideration for, the opinions and feelings of others
- Must be able to meet agreed upon deadlines for project completion; willing to devote whatever time necessary to complete job responsibilities, keeping enthusiasm; maintains expected punctuality and work attendance
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills and is detail oriented.
- Proficient in math
- Knowledge of equipment capabilities and limitations
- Must be familiar with internal processes and practices
- Assumes leadership or responsibility - Takes charge and initiates actions
- Facilitates the professional growth of others
Critical Professional Traits
- Represents a positive Company image
- Professional Integrity
- Professional Image
- Commitment to Excellence
- Initiative and Drive
Critical Professional Competencies
- Creativity and Innovation
- Learning and Adaptability
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Organizational Awareness
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Visual Acuity: Able to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement.