Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Operator I in Winston-Salem, NC at Tri-Seal
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Liners
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers’ solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
What is the position where you can add value?
We are hiring for a Production Operator (all shifts) for our Tri-Seal Division within Tekni-Plex. In this role, the purpose of the Production Operator position is to operate the daily production of the machine and crew, produce a quality product, and change over in the most cost effective manner. The Production Operator must be able to troubleshoot machine and material problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the proper personal protective equipment ( P.P.E.) required for the job.
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle Safety & Health Rules.
- Thorough knowledge of specific Quality documents.
- Thorough knowledge of LOTO procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of job specific Work Instructions.
- Follow all Tri-Seal plant safety rules and regulations
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and support groups
- Provide timely and accurate administrative paperwork
- Maximize productivity with minimal scrap
- Provide a quality product
- Successful Completion of Reading & Math Test
- Successful Completion of IVO certification training. (Industrial Vehicle Operator)
- Successful Completion of JSA reading. (Job Safety and Health Analysis)
- Successful Completion of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Capable of performing all the tasks of an helper and assistant.
- Capable of directing the activities of his/her crew.
- Monitor product quality, process parameters, and crew performance.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Assist maintenance with routine machine repairs.
- Good mainframe and Lotus Notes computer skills.
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .