The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3P42W60H4MTHSJ6JG7
Facility: RIVERS CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position performs administrative and clerical functions associated with the Education Department. The position requires familiarity with Rivers, GEO and BOP policies, procedures and practices. Routine assignments are completed independently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures inmate complaints forwarded to the Education Department are handled in accordance with RCI, The GEO Group, Inc. and BOP policies and procedures. Receives, logs, disseminates and tracks all formal inmate complaints.
- Monitors and reviews for accuracy all education data entered into the computer system. Assures that periodic reviews and withdrawals are accomplished and entered in a timely manner. Must be able to identify which inmates qualify for various exemptions.
- Reviews and determines EDI, EDC, ABLE, CASAS, and GED test scores. Determines eligibility of inmates for a variety of education programs and at which level inmate qualifies. Determines if inmate qualifies for EDI exemption.
- Computes education good time for inmates through sentence computations and PSCD.
- Reviews and processes release preparation data relative to the Education Department, assuring that data is prepared within required BOP time limits.
- Reviews and processes inmate time sheets.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Education Department and institutional staff, officials and BOP personnel.
- Performs special projects as directed by the Education Director or Academic Counselor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of additional education or two years of progressively responsible clerical experience that equips the incumbent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in computer operations with knowledge of software applications used by the department.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, write communications, reports and other required written documents.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!