Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chromatography Sales Account Manager
at Tosoh SMD
- 26-Jul-2019 to 24-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Tosoh Bioscience LLC
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Under the direction of the National Sales Manager, the Midwest Account Manager will be responsible for selling the company's best-in-class process chromatography resins, HPLC and UHPLC columns, and Light Scattering capital equipment within a designated territory. The Account Manager will focus their efforts calling on pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and biotechnology accounts within their assigned territory to increase sales revenue. To achieve sales goals, Account Managers will visit customers' sites, understand their purification and QC challenges, and offer solutions. This individual will provide support and educate customers on new products and applications.
This position will work remotely from a home office from within the company's Southeast territory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets for HPLC Columns, Process Media, and Capital Equipment assigned by the National Sales Manager.
- Conduct sales calls via phone and face-to-face customer meetings in order to achieve sales quotas.
- Provide quotes and pricing agreements to accounts and customers.
- Present and demonstrate the value propositions of Tosoh columns, process media, and capital equipment to customers in R&D, process development, and manufacturing industries.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy and sales call pattern for the territory with key companies and customers.
- Utilize various tools to develop leads including the internet, company provided leads, newspapers, journals, and scientific publications.
- Maintain a high level of product technical and application knowledge.
- Recognize opportunities within assigned territories for new business.
- Promptly provide information, advise customers, and follow up on all leads.
- Travel as needed to customer sites, sales meetings, scientific conferences, and other events as needed while adhering to the TBL expense policy.
- Analyze sales by account and product class on a quarterly basis to provide reports as requested by management.
- Provide sales forecasts to management.
- Maintain customer files, call history, and purchase data for accounts utilizing contact management software.
- Gather, maintain, and report on market trends and competitor information.
- Plan and implement seminars and other communication tools to generate leads and sales.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Implements marketing plan as applicable to sales territory.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field.
- One to two years of experience working in biotechnology sales or laboratory experience that includes HPLC or downstream purification.
- A working knowledge of chromatography and the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of contact management, internet, email, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of the basic concepts involved in a sales process.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined to execute the major duties and responsibilities of the position while working remotely.
- Poses the ability to identify, establish, and maintain strong relationships with potential customers including scientists, senior management, and purchasing groups.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to interact with colleagues and customers from multiple disciplines at all levels.
- The ability to get along with others and succeed in a team environment.