Town of Cary, NC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TENNIS PROFESSIONAL 1
at town of Cary North Carolina
The nationally accredited Town of Cary Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department is looking for a Tennis Professional to work at the Cary Tennis Park assisting tennis professionals and full-time tennis staff in routine management of programs including camps, clinics, tournaments and special events.
Ideal candidate will be comfortable teaching beginners, intermediates, and advanced players, both juniors and adults. Should be USPTA or USPTR certified, as well as having at least 3 years of teaching experience.
Does related work as required. Specific duties may vary depending upon assignment.
Work is performed under regular supervision following regularly established routines subject to more general instructions. Work requires public contact.
- Typical Tasks
Assists senior tennis professionals and full-time tennis staff as required;
Leads or assists other tennis professionals and full-time tennis staff with
camp and clinic instruction;
Manages program and participant evaluations;
Assists in tournaments and special events;
May teach private lessons;
Performs other job-related tasks as required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced knowledge of tennis skills, rules and strategies.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- USTA rating of 4.0 or higher; experience and Professional USPTA or USPTR certification
- Teaching and playing experience equivalent to three (3) years teaching experience
- Tennis playing experience at a minimum of high school varsity level.
- Four years of college level tennis playing experience