Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) I or II - Full-Time - St. Joseph of the Pines
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:TC273_47001 Certified - Field
Expected Weekly Hours:34.5
Job Description Details:
St. Joseph of the Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
St. Joseph of the Pines is currently seeking a full time CNA for our Skilled Nursing Facility, The Health Center, located in Southern Pines, NC. This position is responsible for providing exceptional care and services to the residents at our Skilled Nursing Facility, The Health Center, located in Southern Pines, NC. Individuals best fit for the position will be dependable, dedicated to their work, and be able to build rapport with our residents.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the admission, transfer, and discharge process for the Resident.
- Assist Elders with daily living functions such as dental care, feeding, bathing, dressing/undressing, nail care, hair care, and shaving according to expressed preference.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed. Provide daily Range of Motion Exercises. Record data as instructed. Answer Resident calls promptly.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties (i.e., exposure to body fluids, lifting, transferring, use and disposal of personal protective equipment).
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gait belt, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving residents in accordance with plan of care.
- Report all changes in the Resident's condition to your supervisor/designee as soon as practical.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information. Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy.
- Enters information and documentation accurately in Care Tracker in accordance with company policy, practice and standards. Follow established End of Life Procedure.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a current CNA certification in good standing with the State of North Carolina.
- One year of experience is preferred, not required.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.