Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop Support Technician- Asheville, NC
TTEC is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join our Technology Innovation Group. This role will be located out of our Asheville, NC location.
Why choose TTEC to enhance and broaden your career? We are just as passionate about providing ideal solutions to solving our client's business problems by driving customer experience outcomes with our enhanced technical capabilities, as you are. Whether you're the Engineer, Architect, Account Manager, Practice Leader or Sales Executive we need your talent to help us in our exciting journey to success!
This is an entry-level position into the information technology field. This position provides technical end-user support to desktop systems, workstation setup and configuration, and routine tasks such as software/hardware upgrades. Resolves reported desktop problems related to hardware, operating systems and configuration issues through troubleshooting and research. This position requires excellent customer interaction skills both verbally and orally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, trouble-shoot PC hardware and software and provide user level technical support on applications and off the shelf Microsoft products.
- Follow stepped procedures for a variety of repetitive upgrade situations.
- Perform administrative functions and inventory control as required.
- Monitor trouble tickets system and respond to all trouble reports within established goals.
- Keep the Desktop Support Senior Technician informed of all changes, hardware and software failures, and operational issues.
- Understand and enforce policies and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Complete assigned work orders by due date within established goals.
- Graduate of Two-year diploma or Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering courses.
- Entry level experience in PC hardware and software setup, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance, or relevant technical degree from an accredited college, university or technical certification.
- Strong understanding of various Windows operating systems and basic TCP/IP network trouble-shooting skills are required.
Strong customer focus and positive attitude will be necessary for success.
- · Must be able to work well unsupervised and as part of a cohesive team.
- · Has the desire to gain knowledge, experience, and certification in the operating systems and technologies currently used.
- · Ability to adapt to an ever-changing fast paced environment and work rotating shifts including nights and weekends.
- · Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
Employment Requirements: TTEC requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TeleTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
TTEC requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TeleTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.