Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGER PHARMACY - MEDICATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
at UNC Healthcare
Position: Pharmacy Manager - Medication Assistance Program
Location: Main Hospital / Chapel Hill
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk
Job Summary: The Clinical Manager for the Medication Assistance Program (MAP) has overall accountability for the leadership, strategic direction, and operations for the Medication Assistance Program, pharmacy service line. This position leads and nurtures individual team members to meet performance and behavioral expectations. The MAP Clinical Manager develops, implements, and maintains processes that support day-to-day operations in alignment with pharmacy department policies and procedures, and serves as a point of contact for pharmacists and technicians to report workplace feedback. The Clinical Manager oversees strategic planning and innovation to meet institutional, departmental, patient care, and regulatory needs. The Clinical Manager participates in the educational and research endeavors of the Department of Pharmacy and providing comprehensive pharmaceutical care on an as needed basis. The Clinical Manager acts independently to address, mediate, and resolve issues within or pertaining to the Medication Assistance Program team. The Clinical Manager staffs along with the MAP team twice a month to be the expert on all operational components of the pharmacy benefit service line. The Clinical Manager of the Medication Assistance Program will exercise leadership responsibility in order to meet the needs of patients, physicians, and staff in a manner consistent with UNC Health Care System's values, mission, and core standards of behavior.
Medication Assistance Program Overview:
Rapid growth in the Pharmacy Benefit service line necessitates additional leadership support to meet entity and system goals for expansion of services. The Department is seeking a dynamic leader that will help further develop, implement, and maintain a high quality, innovative pharmacy model in alignment with UNC Hospitals' initiatives and in support of the UNC Shared Services Center Specialty Pharmacy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of ambulatory and retail pharmacy operations and standards including professional, legal, business, and public relations.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills; self-initiative, innovation, leadership organizational and collaborative skills
- Previous experience with application of Lean Six Sigma concepts to health-system pharmacy operations
- Knowledgeable and experienced in various areas of pharmacy, including but not limited to: operations, systems, technology, and personnel management
- Demonstrate an ability to utilize effective communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Embraces and promotes a change-oriented culture, exhibits flexibility to adapt to and work effectively in new situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Model the UNC Health Care Employee Standards
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy. Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist and eligible to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina.
If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience.
If a PharmD Degree and Master's degree in Pharmacy Administration, Health Care Administration, Business or related field: Two (2) years of experience.
If a PharmD Degree: Three (3) years of experience. Experience Substitution: Each year of accredited residency may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist may substitute for one (1) year of experience.