Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT SOX Consultant in Charlotte, NC at Vaco
Overview: Seeking a consultant to assist my client with executing processes to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, including, but not limited to: Gathering, analyzing, documenting and reporting data related to IT/DT internal control processes over financial reporting. This role will also require coordinating efforts across multiple IT/DT functions and departments to ensure SOX compliance requirements are met within required deadlines. Additionally, this position will be responsible for identifying internal control deficiencies and ensuring the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance testing on IT/DT controls and documentation
- Significant interaction with key business process managers and IT management
- Interaction with IT third-party vendors managing and/or supporting the company's internal controls
- Completing GAP assessments on IT controlled environments involving SOX Controls
- Reviewing external service providers through SSAE18/SOC reports and Complimentary End User Controls
- Performing deficiency assessments of SOX IT controls and preparing reporting
- Reviewing and documenting with management exceptions identified during walkthroughs or testing of controls
- Maintaining an inventory of all SOX IT deficiencies
- Working with process owners to develop management action plans for SOX IT deficiencies, monitoring the status, and testing for completion by the due date
- Supporting business partners with remediation activities of SOX deficiencies
- Supporting Internal and External Audit testing of SOX IT controls
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- SOX Testing
- ERP systems (SAP, JDE, others)
- User Access Management processes
- Change Management processes
- Logical Access - System access management
- Third-party vendor compliance - SOC reports
- Requirements Gathering
- Preferred degrees should be in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related fields
- Experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, interpretation, problem solving, and time management skills, including strong and efficient multi-tasking capability
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively lead smaller scale projects
- Attention to detail, deadlines and reporting. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate technical solutions and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals of all levels of the corporate structure.
- Ability to present information to various audiences
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Visio
- Knowledge on SOX Compliance and COSO (or similar) internal controls framework preferable.