Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-op: Mechanical Engineering (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Suspension, Axles & Steering Installation Group (“SAS Group”) as a Mechanical Engineering Co-op/ Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining practical experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transportation solution industry. This position will report to the Suspension, Axles & Steering Installation Group Manager.
- Solid (CAD) modeling generation & revision
- CAD packaging studies
- Part drawing generation and revision
- Engineering documentation support
- Engineering change management
- Design analysis of components and systems
- Problem/ failure investigation and correction
- Engineering prototype build and planning support
- Engineering test planning support
- Note that exact responsibilities and tasks assigned will vary depending on business/ project needs
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BS in Mechanical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?