Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GTO Product Project Manager
at Volvo Group Global
You like change, you like projects, you want to prepare the future, you like to lead and want to be close to Operations : then this new position is for you !
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a diverse team of 11 project Managers located in Greensboro, North Carolina, within a North American network of 20 Operations project Managers. We support each other and we strive daily at improving our collective efficiency and processes. We are looking forward to integrate a new team member !
You will lead one or several project teams in GTO (Group Trucks Operations) of approximately 10 to 15 people in charge of main operations deliveries (Manufacturing Engineering, logistics, quality and production). Thru your team(s) you will develop and then secure GTO commitments on Quality, Deliveries and Costs using the Volvo Product Development Process, and in alignment with GTO product and industrial strategies. For your assigned projects, you will define and anchor the resource needs with your project team members and their respective Managers, and you will establish and manage your projects budgets. You will also be the GTO project team member in cross functional project teams, defending GTO requirements as well as reporting on GTO project deliverables, always for the benefit of our Customers.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, mindset, knowledge and experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering
- Formal training in Project Management, PMP certification is a plus
- 4-7 years direct hands-on experience performing in the Project Manager role, with projects driven from initiation to successful implementation
- Knowledge in DVP (Volvo Product Development Process)
- Knowledge and experience in VPS (Volvo Production System)
- Experience in Operations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in risk and change management
- Ability to oversee, coordinate, and juggle multiple tasks and meet tough deadlines
- Good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses and Global Processes
- Strong abilities in priority setting and problem solving
- Good negotiation skills
- Good planning, anticipation and proactivity skills
- Talent for cultural integration and inspiring leadership
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?