Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Project Support (Summer 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Project Management and Project Support departments as a Summer 2020 Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Project Management and Project Support teams within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Project Managers within an engineering environment. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Project Support and Front Office Group Manager.
- Minor coding and interface updates
- Support high visibility projects with agreed completion goals
- Work independently in a networking environment
- Assist Project Managers or Architects with tool development or enhancements
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Engineering or Computer Science degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Project)
- Experience programming with C-sharp, Visual Studio, Excel, Excel Macros,and SQL.
- IT/Programming/Computer Science skills emphasis
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?