West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
S/M Lead - 1
at West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Housekeeping Plant Leader
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
- Direct the hourly work force
- Enforce safety rules
- Communicate with employees on operating issues
- Fill in for work force where needed
- Perform quality routes
- Perform preventive maintenance routes
- Enhance mill operations and productivity
- Assist in all areas of the mill as needed
- Train new employees and evaluate work performance
Drive for Results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
Building Effective Teams
Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
Skills/ Experience Requirements:
- Ability to be self-motivated and work unsupervised.
- Must be able to understand all safety procedures.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, night shift, split shifts and overtime hours as needed.
- Must be physically capable of bending, reaching, lifting, and climbing.
- Must be capable of working in extreme environments (hot, cold, rain, snow, etc)
- Must have future supervisory position goals
- Must have good communication and people skills
- Must have a good attendance, safety, and work record.
- Be willing to work as part of a team.
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)