Wounded Warrior Project
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wellness Coach - Fayetteville, NC
at Wounded Warrior Project
- Physical Health & Wellness
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Physical Health & Wellness (PH&W) Specialist develops and executes programs and events to educate, coach, and empower wounded service members in pursuit of achievement of their physical health and wellness goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, screen, and recruit warriors for participation in quarterly Physical Health & Wellness events and PH&W coaching programs.
- Plan and execute quarterly PH&W event, providing fitness, nutrition, and wellness education to warriors.
- Create individualized coaching programs to help warriors achieve their physical health and wellness goals.
- Manage warrior participation throughout 90-day coaching program, providing encouragement, support, and connection to resources through regular coaching sessions delivered by telephonic and digital mediums.
- Develop and execute physical activity, online education, and fitness challenge programs for warriors and their families.
- Routinely identify and recommend new programming opportunities aimed at increasing overall impact.
- Establish and maintain community relationships to build an ecosystem of PH&W support for warriors.
- Work with multiple WWP departments and other key stakeholders to deliver programming and services to warriors and their families.
- Conduct public speaking activities to raise awareness of PH&W programming and discuss the importance of starting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintain action plans and budgets for PH&W programming within assigned region in support of leadership.
- Manage information within various systems, ensuring accuracy while maintaining data integrity/security.
- Participate in workgroups for special projects and programming initiatives as assigned.
- Assist with onboarding and training of new teammates as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with demonstrated commitment to the organization. High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage program participants, deliver program content, and create individualized coaching plans that provide a basis for long-term healthy behavior change.
- Demonstrated aptitude in inclusive and holistic programming for nutrition, wellness, and fitness.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level service to warriors and their family members in the delivery of programs and events.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and work collaboratively with teammates and program stakeholders, in-person and through remote formats using video conferencing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator, with demonstrated ability to present information effectively to large audiences, small groups, and individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and partnering. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator, with demonstrated ability to present information effectively to large audiences, small groups, and individuals. Skill and ease while speaking in public and serving as a representative for the organization.
- Strong critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and identify viable solutions.
- Ability and dedication to travel in support of WWP programs and services outreach.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, sports management, recreation management, or similar health science field.
- Three years of experience working in the fitness industry, allied health profession, health management, wellness coaching, strength and conditioning, or personal/athletic training.
- Must be able to travel between 25% - 50% of the time including overnight and weekend travel.
- One year of experience working with and providing support to wounded service members dealing with health issues and invisible injuries.
- One year of event planning experience.
- One year of experience with customer relationship management and event management systems, e.g., Salesforce, CVENT.
Certifications & Licensure
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- CPR-First Aid certification required
- Personal Training certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA), Strength and Conditioning certification (CSCS), or other related fitness certification preferred
- Wellness Coaching certification preferred